What is Praedicere
- Praedicere Possumus (PP) is a free web-based software tool for predictive microbiology, which has been developed within the MIUR Project “Proof of Concept Network” (PoCN) managed by AREA Science Park (Trieste, Italy).
- Throughout this software, which include the simplified modelling approach (Polese et al., 2014) users can access to different implemented modules related to predictive modelling of a selection of food borne pathogens.
- In the first module, growth probability can be predicted under different environmental conditions and the fractional contribution of each inhibitory factor to growth probability is provided. In the second module the model outputs (probability and the density of the pathogenic bacteria) are time-dependent. The third module let the user to model a process.
- Information and modelling results can be exported in CSV, MS Excel or PDF formats. A personal space is provided for each user, allowing them to save and retrieve their own data for further use.
- The modelling results could help users to improve the microbiological safety of food, to design new food, to explore microbiological risk in food.